Friday returned from my engineering contract in a poor state due to the start of a Winter flu type bug . Had informed Captain Stu to get a replacement however there was none so i was in the team. Arriving at the draw Sunday morning i was greeted with a good peg (under normal river conditions) however when arriving at the peg it resembled a jacuzzi ! Undaunted i proceeded to set up :
- Flat float - 8 gram Torpedo Cralusso
- Mars Bleu Maurizio Schiepatti 0.75gr for surface work and bleak snatching
- A 3gr Reglo Maurizio Schiepatti at 8' depth .
- Feeder was a Classic Competition 12' using Special feeder line 0.18 with a Classic Power 0.14 bottom line to a 4590 series 16's hook with alternating 20/30gr SENSAS cage feeders.
The match soon ended as the first 5 pegs weighed in a total of 2.5 kilos between us , the results went ;
1000 - 200 - 600 - 400 - 250 grams
Then the different world got weighed in with top weight 11.3 kilos and 4 and 3 kilos as back up weights
Steve Hurst of Wigston AC Winner of the section with 11300
With one match to go in the series its apparent that the River Soar is truly back on the map and only greater things can come from this Winter league series and all the other matches taken place this year .
Again a massive thanks to Joff and Brian for a job well done.
1) John Hall Wigston A.S. 18.570kg John fished peg 1 on the 1860 Bridge stretch and catch most bream plus one tench on groundbait feeder with worm and red maggot on the hook. 2) Stu Raynor Dynamite Matchmens Supplies 13.310kg 3) Steve Hurst Wigston A.S. 11.300kg 4) Darren Bickerton Kamasan Starlets 10. 280kg 5) Paul Taylor Wigston A.S. 4.320kg 6) Dave Kimber Loughborough Soar 4.200kg Teams on the day. 1) Wigston A.S. 30 points 2) Kamasan Starlets 37 points 3) Drennan Leicester 46 points 4) Bennetts Bait and Tackle 50 points 5) Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 51 points 6) Loughborough Soar 57 points 7) Dynamite Matchmens Supplies 58 points 8) Quorn A.S. 59 points 9) Long Eaton Federation 62 points League to date 1) Kamsan Starlets 10 points 2) Matrix Dynamite Trentmen 14 points 3) Quorn A.S. 17 points 4) Wigston A.S. 21 points 5) Drennan Leicester 23 points 6) Bennetts Bait and Tackle 31 points 7) Loughborough Soar 32 points 8) Long Eaton Federation 35 points 9) Dynamite Matchmens Supplies 42 points