Translate

Thursday 28 July 2011

2011 - 8th July - back in the UK to Curry , weekly angling newspapers and meeting a good friend fresh from winning himself 5000 quid the weekend before. - part 1

Arrived in the Uk and with hire car drove to Leicester and a Bed and breakfast for the night but the day would not be complete without having the at great English tradition .......CURRY !





Chicken Madras for me and and a Jalfrezi for Carola


So good to get back to the normal fishing i remember so well and also very good to be able to read the weekly fishing piscatorials and they had so much information for me 3 week fishing trip , invaluable to what is catching best at all the country's waters.




This is what Sweden needs ........BARBEL!


Sean Huggins arranged to meet up with me to give me some tips and let me into a few secrets in the float making business ......it was an education ! He had on the previous weekend won 5000 quid , not bad for a weekends work !!



ANGLING TIMES

ANGLERS MAIL



Sean in his element showing me his latest  invention of better angling







Some of his latest floats from Malman's



Sean testing out some latest Dino elastic i brought over ........he was impressed and took the yellow elastic for trial.



Great night !


Many samples on the table ......cant reveal too much information !



This was a superb rig and way ahead on design and method - cant say anymore !

A few examples to myself

The next day if was Cornwall bound  , firstly at Perranporth then the second week at Whiteacres ....Great reading the literature from Parkdean ......bubbling with excitement  !



My gear had been stored in Leicester and i had not touched it for 2 years so it was a question of getting it cleaned and replacing any weak elastics and rigs.



So much gear to tidy up but i wanted to get the gear in a state of readiness instead of quickly going for a match locally but probably i would have been disappointed.



Wanted to get my bottom lines tied with new lines it just felt safer.






After 2 days of hard concentrated work all the gear including rods were ready to perform at my first selected match . This is to be the Mawgan Porth Fisheries where i maintained  a record of top 3 finishing status between 2006-2009 on my trips there which includes 3 wins. How will it go ?










New Elastics in


The finished rigs


  Mawgan Porth Fisheries on Tuesday 12th July - little overcast and about 18 degrees - perfect weather for carp bashing - i hope !

The usual criminals were in attendance so the opposition will be tough considering this is my first match since 2010 March .

Discussion was what pegs to put in.

The small fishery has its own shop and everyting is just perfectly suited to the type of water. Alot of J-Range being sold.



Masters of the lake

There i am middle left - those were my good days.


Pegs are selected ......12 of the best !.....here we go .....i got peg 38 , first time ever , its a decent peg.





My kit at the ready ......its not a big walk......maybe longest is 50 metres !!!


I went for 6 tops all the same line strength , hook and approx float size ( 0.2gr , 0.15 line and 16 Preston PR hook)


Usually i have fished the caster in the september times when i have attended - this time its mid-July , will it work ?


Floats at the ready - please work



Top man Wayne Panting on top peg 41







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Next summer should be the summer when I loose my virginity to english carplakes :)

Will do my best.

Mvh Tikkanen

Super Bream said...

It might be mine as well.

I se that you have a new rain geer.
How did the Garbolino clothing work for you.

Kent