Translate

Tuesday 21 November 2023

2023 - SOAR VALLEY WINTER LEAGUE NO5 - MICK CARR PEG59 AT SUTTON

Twas Sunday19th November and i have drawn Peg 59 at Sutton conveniently with the shortest walk from the lane . It is a peg i have fished before and know it reasonably well however there is extra water on so i need to take assessments to the depth to make sure my rigs are spot on .

I have setup two pole feeder rigs for different positions ? Also i have a stick float rod and a whip but hope not to use them as my fish target is for the Pole feeder fishing.




Previously to my arrival at the peg 59 the Barrow Town FC club was filled with expectancy as the teams met for the draw.




Roger giving his masterful advise



Raygill's captain 'Bigus Dickus' upto the draw table brilliantly run buy Lee Wright and England Coach Darren Bickerton both of the Starlets team.




Back to my peg details as to my left was the ubiquitous Pennywort which was slowing the flow a little but my concentration area was elsewhere ?





The River still a good chocolate colour - how will it fish ?





The match went to my tactical plan and i was rewarded with winning the Sutton section as well as the whole of the River participants and the whole match inclusive of the canal.
My thoughts and tactics are contained in the film below.









The scales dont lie and my satisfaction was complete with over 7 kilos of quality fish.






Bronze Soar beauties







The Bream Master of Sutton today and i am so pleased having worked hard on improving my fishing, rigs and tactics .








Back to the HQ and it was time for the rewards and applause 

















I thank all SVWL anglers for their congratulations they have given me as its truly been a day of days for myself which i will never forget . The SVWL is truly the best WL in the country with the best organisers and best anglers . 

See you next Sunday - all the best wishes .......Mick 

No comments: