Translate

Sunday 26 October 2014

2014 - October 26th - Open match on the prime sections of the soar.

 Every other weekend to the Winter league there is a open match on the emerging River Soar. Today for me i drew the Abbey Peg 4 in very good company so my work would be cut out to gain a respectable result.


Peg 5 to my left in the distance is Tom Pringle of the Wigston stable .


My working sticks for the day : 2 stick floats of the Pete Warren variety , a small waggler and a bomb rod.


In front of me and my target area.


To my right is Steve Gardner



Sunday lunch for the expectants 








First 2 hours for me was excellent as i captured many small roach , chub and Perch . The hours 3 and 4 it slowed down . I did lose a very good chub and had perch and Roach of a respectable size taken by the Pike , again !!   Eventually in the last hour i started to catch Gudgeon (proper gobis) , small Roach and Perch but without the Pike i might have got a few more LB's , but that is fishing and even though the Pike have been my nuisance over the last few matches you have to say that they are here because of a very large population of silver fish.

On to the weigh-in and Peg 1 with Sam Merry who proved to be the winner of the Abbey with 23lb+ using 16's laggy on 0.17 line and big lobs ……the peg looked frightening but Sam mastered the conditions and came thro' handsomely.




The author with his catch ….well done Sam Merry! ….23lb 



peg 2 and Cam Hughes took an excellent 13lb for section 2nd




Peg 3 had 5lb+


3rd in section for me with 10-11
(Lost chub and Pike taken Roach several times cost me dearly again !)


 Nick Moss with 10-3






 Stu Timpson with a hard earned 5lb + catch in fast water


Rob took a great catch of small fish for 5lb+



Joff with a all caster catch of 9.5lb of prime Dace and Roach 



 Back in the pub the banter was explosive with all the great weights that were returned .

Stu the head of Bennets of Mountsorrel with John Kilby who took a section 3rd in his first ever river match …..just a natural !

Winter league next Sunday ….. bring it one ! ……..THE SOAR IS ON FIRE !….GET BACK ON THE RIVERS !!!

FOOTNOTE : IF ALL THE CLUBS IN THE WINTER LEAGUE SERIES COULD MUSTER SEVERAL HELPERS PER CLUB I RECKON OVER THE CLOSE SEASON PERIOD WE COULD PLANT 100 PLUS PERMANENT PEGS READY FOR THE SEASON 2015 . LETS HELP THE LOUGHBOROUGH AC AND OTHER CLUBS OWNING THESE WATERS AND GET MORE PEOPLE BACK ON THE RIVERS !!!

No comments: