Translate

Sunday 1 August 2021

2021 August 1st Sodertalje Kanal - Fine tune a few rigs

                       Took the opportunity with a decent weather day to sort out my gear to an optimum level for any match that arises this year. My main aim was to fine tune rigs that i have spent time engineering over the last few weeks . Also good to get the layout of the Fishing station to an optimum level of efficiency for a match condition ! There is nothing better when catching a cross mixture of fish between 50 gr and a kilo-plus that the elastic behaves how you want it too.


MARKY POLLARD floats are just the business 

  




Shame the Sodertalje canal is not long on this section that could host 140 pegs as it would be perfect for an International .






Station all ready for action 


First fish and bite of the session was this 1 kilo Bream



The day was all about getting my kit ready for the matches coming up this year. I decided to get the elastics in the pole tops sweetly running out on fish and also the get my rigs perfect for any eventuality . I had three trays of various float rigs and swapped quite often over 3 top 5's , in fact i think i changed 9 rigs over the session . 
I was quite surprised that the bream were in evidence which is unusual as normally i get overrun with Roach early but since i was catching so many wasps with the Bream it took till the last hour of my 4-5 hour session before the Roach started to show . Also strange i never had any Bjorkna ?





Feed the Ducks - Orange Sauce on these would have been nice :)









In the making of this article i suffered three deaths on fish , two were Perch and one Roach . I desperately try to minimise these unfortunate occurrences but inevitably these unfortunate situations do arise which always bothers me .

Todays Menu Board was ; 







No comments: